Does this scene sound familiar to you? Do you make promises to your computer? But, most importantly, do you keep them? Please post here the promises you’ve made to your “poor” PC/laptop and if they’ve worked.
See more cartoons in this series:
- A translator at a restaurant
- A translator at a party
- Translator’s lifestyle — always “on duty”
- A freelance translator goes on vacation
- A freelance translator’s lifestyle
- Translator’s oath
- How translators cope with insomnia
- Getting ready for the holiday season
- Strategies to handle the lack of feedback from clients — self-praise
- Translator’s lifestyle series — let go of it now!
- The art of multitasking
I have promised my laptop computer I will buy a good desktop one with a huge screen for the past year… I want to keep my promise, but I just don’t have the money to do that! 🙂
Ha! That’s a good one, Curri! Thanks for posting 🙂
Well, I am somewhat more subtile and make my desktop some indecent proposals from time to time like to promise him a full month of paid vacancies…(but I can’t explain more here, just in case he is keylogging me right now… 🙂
Thanks for posting, Pablo! Don’t worry, your secret is safe here… 🙂
Pingback: Weekly favorites (Nov 7-13) | Adventures in Freelance Translation
Once upon a time, I promised that I would install a decent operating system to my computer. And I installed openSUSE Linux (it was 10.2 then, now it’s 11.3/11.4 on different computers). And I did not have to promise anything else, because the computer just works. No crashes, no viruses/trojans. Just boring work.
By chance I came across your page, and found it the nearest to my heart
English Arabic translator
Thank you, Khalid!