Do you like Translator Fun?
Buy this cartoon
Purchase code: E31
Also see this cartoon in Spanish
See more cartoons in this series:
- Translator’s lifestyle — always “on duty”
- A freelance translator’s lifestyle
- Translator’s oath
- A translator at a restaurant
- How translators cope with insomnia
- Getting ready for the holiday season
- Strategies to handle the lack of feedback from clients — self-praise
- Translator’s lifestyle series — let go of it now!
- Translator’s promises — don’t crash on me!
- The art of multitasking
Stop by Translator Fun Shop.
If you would like to translate this cartoon into your native language you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first holiday is the hardest. After that you learn when to go, where to go with good wifi coverage, or whether to arrange someone to cover, or whether it’s ok to take a complete break.
I like to go to Asia because it’s so cheap there. It’s actually cheaper to live there in a hotel than it is back at home. So if I stay for long enough and rent out my apartment in the UK I actually save money by being on holiday!
I’ve found the best time to go on vacation for a freelancer is between December and February. Things naturally slow down a bit then.